Argonne maintains a wide-ranging science and technology portfolio that seeks to address complex challenges in interdisciplinary and innovative ways. Below is a list of all articles, highlights, profiles, projects, and organizations related specifically to energy technology and storage.
Advanced surface-stabilizing structure, treatment and coating technologies for a variety of high-voltage, low-cobalt lithium metal oxides electrodes for use in rechargeable lithium cells and batteriesIntellectual Property Available to LicenseHigh valent lithiated surface structures for lithium ion battery electrode materials
Composite bilayer coatings for high capacity cathodes and anodes
Argonne’s has developed a suite of surface structures, treatments and coatings for a range of high-voltage lithium metal oxide electrodes, including advanced nickel- manganese- and lithium-rich cathode materials.
See Low-Cobalt, Manganese-Rich Cathodes for Lithium-ion Batteries for Argonne’s complementary portfolio of Li- and Mn-rich cathode structure technologies.
- Surface-stabilizing structure, treatment and coating technologies offer customizable approaches for a range of high-voltage lithium metal oxides electrode materials.
- Enhance the surface stability, rate capability and cycling stability of electrodes, which leads to increased electrode energy capacity.
- Specifically address surface-related stability for enabling the use of next generation Mn- and Li-rich cathode structure types in lithium-ion batteries.
Applications and Industries
Electrodes used in batteries for:
- Electric and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles,
- Stationary energy storage systems,
- Portable electronic devices,
- Medical devices, and
- Space, aeronautical, and defense-related devices.
Ready for commercialization.