- 18 years or older at the time the appointment begins;
- Cumulative minimum grade point average of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale;
- Two (2) letters of recommendation emailed to email@example.com;
- Co-op verification form emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Satisfactory background check; and
- Pass a screening drug test which Argonne pays for.
Argonne has two types of Co-op Programs:
- Alternating (semester at Argonne, followed by semester at college/university)
- Parallel (part-time work to a maximum of 19 hours per week during the school year concurrent with full-time college/university enrollment). Students can work full-time during the summer.
Students are expected to work a minimum of one year as a parallel Co-op or three semesters as an alternating Co-op. Graduate Co-op opportunities are available to students while they are attending undergraduate schools in the Chicago area.
Interested applicants should review and apply to the current open Co-op positions. Positions are posted throughout the year. Please check back periodically.
Salaries are competitive and are based upon the field of study and academic year status of the student.
Students are responsible for securing and funding their own housing.
Please note: Use of marijuana/cannabis or its derivatives if prescribed is legal in some states in the United States and is legally used recreationally in some other countries. Having these drugs in your system is NOT legal at United States Federal Contractor sites such as Argonne National Laboratory.