Laboratory tours are free of charge, and are available by reservation only. Tours include an overview of the laboratory and visits to at least two research facilities: the Advanced Photon Source, ATLAS particle accelerator, and/or an exhibit hall telling the story of Argonne’s past and present research in nuclear science and engineering.
Tours are available for persons age 13 and older. Argonne’s Educational Programs and Outreach group offers science and engineering experiences for K-12, undergraduate and graduate students. Groups with minors (ages 13 – 17) must provide an adult chaperone for every 12 minors visiting.
Please be Aware:
- All guests must be accompanied by Argonne-Approved Tour Guides for the duration of the visit. Public and Group tour registrants are NOT permitted to use on-site accommodations, including the Argonne Guest House.
- Effective May 3, 2023, a REAL ID compliant identification will be required to gain access to Argonne National Laboratory for individuals 18 years of age or older. Visitors 16 and older will need photo identification to enter the laboratory. School ID including photo is acceptable for visitors 16 or 17 years of age. Review Site Entry Requirements for other acceptable IDs for access to Argonne National Laboratory.
Tour availability is released on a rolling basis throughout the year. Please see release schedule below:
- February - May: dates are released in November
- June - July: dates are released in March
- August - September: dates are released in May
- October - November: dates are released in July
- December - January: dates are released in September