Before You Arrive
- Check our site access protocols in response to COVID-19/coronavirus.
- Please note that you will need identification to enter the lab.
- Effective October 1, 2020, all people will require a REAL ID to enter the site.
- Register for your Visitor Gate Pass and review our Site Entry Requirements.
- If you are visiting one of our User facilities, please review the User Facility Badge Requirements.
When You Arrive
- The Argonne Information Center is where you’ll get the identification badge you need to access the laboratory site.
- Argonne is dedicated to protecting visitors to our campus. Every visitor watches a two-minute training video about how to protect oneself and others while on campus.
While You Are Here
Gate Pass and Badge Identification
While on Laboratory property, all individuals are required to wear their Gate Pass conspicuously, photo side out, in a location above the waist and on the front of the body.
Signs posted at all Laboratory entrances delineate prohibited articles that cannot be introduced to the site (e.g., firearms, dangerous weapons, destructive devices, explosives/incendiary devices, radioactive sources, open containers of alcoholic beverages, drugs, and pets or other animals).
Rules of the Road
All individuals operating a motor vehicle onsite must adhere to all Illinois Rules of the Road. Helmets are required for all motorcycle and bicycle traffic.