To access Argonne National Laboratory and National User Facilities, bring two pieces of identification. Please review the acceptable forms of ID for both U.S. and non-U.S. citizens.
COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols for Visitors
All individuals must:
- Sign a form attesting to their COVID-19 vaccination status. (Visitors may sign the form when they arrive or download the form, sign it, and bring it with them.)
- A visitor who attests they are fully vaccinated will receive a gate pass valid for their approved visit duration.
- A visitor who attests they are NOT fully vaccinated or declines to respond must present results of a negative COVID-19 test less than 72 hours old before being issued a gate pass. The gate pass will be valid for up to three days, based on the date of the test result and their approved visit duration.
If a visitor’s approved visit duration exceeds the expiration date on the gate pass, the visitor will need to take another COVID-19 test and provide proof of a negative result at the Argonne Information Center to renew the gate pass. Argonne will accept printed test results from either a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test or a rapid antigen test performed by a health care provider no more than 72 hours prior to entry. Results from at-home testing kits do not meet Argonne standards. COVID-19 testing for visitors is not available on site.
- Follow all safety protocols posted by the lab, including guidance on face coverings and social distancing.
- Respect capacity limits in meeting rooms and other public areas.
If you become ill while on site, stay away from others and immediately call the COVID-19 Question Line. The phone number will be provided to you on a lanyard card when you receive your gate pass. If you become short of breath, call 911 immediately.
Argonne has invited its employees to join in a commitment to take care of themselves and others by following simple health guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Visitors are also encouraged to read and commit to the Argonne Health Pact.
Individuals who are accessing the Laboratory for these facilities must follow specific facility requirements.