Appointments are provided to graduate students for the sole purpose of collaboration and use of laboratory resources to benefit the student’s thesis research, not for the benefit of Argonne.
Participants will be provided with a gate pass and may visit Argonne whenever appropriate.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation required.
- Must be currently enrolled full-time at an accredited institution.
- 18 years or older at the time the appointment begins.
- Research Agreement (Graduate Students funded by U.S. government grant or contract) OR Research Agreement (Graduate Students funded by source other than U.S. government grant or contract).
- Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Sponsored or Affiliated Activities, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne’s Legal Department.
NOTE: The laboratory is tentatively planning for student programs to be fully onsite during Summer 2022. However, a student’s workplace may shift to a hybrid or virtual status contingent upon local COVID infection rates. Student candidates will be notified of changes in the lab’s operational status at the time of offer and/or during their appointment.