Argonne National Laboratory offers classrooms the opportunity to explore cutting-edge science and engineering while visiting a national laboratory. Experienced instructors guide students through hands-on experiments designed to educate participants on the major challenges that Argonne scientists and engineers are currently researching, as well as the innovative science they use to solve these challenges.
Learning Labs at a Glance
- Field trips are free to all STEM Ed organizations/schools.
- Content is geared towards 5th – 12th grade students.
- Field trips are available Tuesdays and Wednesdays during the school year.
- Field trips begin at 10:00 a.m. and end at 1:00 p.m.
- Group size – minimum of 15 students, up to 40 maximum.
- Group may bring a sack lunch; space will be provided.
- Groups are responsible for their own transportation.
- All participants MUST wear long pants and closed-toe shoes.
Select a Learning Lab to Learn More
A Note to Teachers
Get involved with the experience. Each Learning Lab has many opportunities for teachers to work alongside the Argonne facilitators in creating a student-centered environment. Click on the link under each Learning Lab to find out more about the experience, as well as specific ways you can enhance your students’ experience during your visit to Argonne and continue that momentum back in your classroom.