Argonne National Laboratory, one of the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE)’s major research centers, is pleased to announce this opportunity for students to join the Argonne team as interns to support initiatives in the Argonne Collaborative Center for Energy Storage Science.
Experience life inside the Department of Energy Lab Complex utilizing world-class facilities to perform cutting-edge research to help public and private sector partners turn science into energy storage solutions.
About the Internship
- Be paired with a leading researcher in energy storage as their supervisor and mentor.
- Provide a poster presentation on their research at the end of their appointment.
- Gain career skills via professional development seminars offered throughout the appointment.
- Connect with peers in the ACCESS cohort.
- Network with industry partners.
This opportunity is open to undergraduate and graduate students with relevant experience who meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled in an accredited institution in a relevant degree program.
- One (1) year of related research experience.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Additional research experience in area related to energy storage.
Full-time and part-time availability, appointments range from 3 months to 1 year. Actual schedule will be determined upon hiring.
The salary range is based on academic rank, academic discipline, and prior experience.
Internship appointments vary between part time and full time dependent on your specific project. This will be discussed during your interview.
How to Apply
Complete an online application HERE. This is a general evergreen application pool. If selected, researchers will contact you to discuss specific projects.
This is a rolling application. However, please apply by March 1, 2022 for full consideration to begin Summer 2022.
Learn more at: www.anl.gov/education