Argonne continues to pursue trailblazing battery research.
- Advanced lithium-ion battery with a low-cost anode based on a mixture of silicon and graphite
- Advanced lithium-ion battery that can be charged in only 15 minutes
- Advanced lithium-ion battery with a nickel-manganese-cobalt cathode that produces much higher energy and voltage
- Advanced solid-state batteries in which novel ceramic and polymer materials replace the typical liquid electrolyte, improving both safety and performance
- Next-generation, beyond-lithium-ion batteries (lithium-air, redox flow, lithium-sulfur, and multivalent)
- Methods for recycling the millions of electric vehicle batteries that will soon be reaching the end of their useful lives