This invention introduces a new paradigm for materials science and solid-state chemistry by moving away from an explorative experimental synthesis, followed by phenomenological modeling approach, towards a predictive process by identifying phase space where metastable states occur from machine learning and first principles.
Argonne maintains a wide-ranging science and technology portfolio that seeks to address complex challenges in interdisciplinary and innovative ways. Below is a list of all articles, highlights, profiles, projects, and organizations related specifically to sensors and detectors.
- This invention comprises a predictive machine learning framework that leverages high performance computing and high-level quantum calculations to predict, determine, and validate phase diagrams in chemical systems without any recourse to experimental infoIntellectual Property Available to License
- This invention comprises the introduction of an active learning method that starts training a neural network with “a single” data point.Intellectual Property Available to License
Please contact us for additional information
- This invention addresses a critical issue of multiple objective optimization and is a general approach applicable to all types of model or property optimization.Intellectual Property Available to License
This invention comprises a solution to the problem of simultaneous optimization of multiple objectives by creating a “hierarchy of objectives with passing criteria” which allows an optimization algorithm to understand the relative importance of the objectives and also provides a pathway for it to tackle the list of objectives in a systematic baby-stepping manner that is based on well defined target values rather than arbitrary weights.
- A smart charging system for charging a plug-in electric vehicle (PEV) includes an electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE) configured to supply electrical power to the PEV through a smart charging module coupled to the EVSE.Intellectual Property Available to License
A smart charging system for charging a plug-in electric vehicle (PEV) includes an electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE) configured to supply electrical power to the PEV through a smart charging module coupled to the EVSE. The smart charging module comprises an electronic circuitry which includes a processor. The electronic circuitry includes electronic components structured to receive electrical power from the EVSE, and supply the electrical power to the PEV. The electronic circuitry is configured to measure a charging parameter of the PEV. The electronic circuitry is further structured to emulate a pulse width modulated signal generated by the EVSE. The smart charging module can also include a first coupler structured to be removably couple to the EVSE and a second coupler structured to be removably coupled to the PEV.
- Catalytic material for selective conversion of waste plastics to higher value products, such as wax and lubricants. This single-step process is solvent-free and requires low temperatures and pressures.Intellectual Property Available to License
A method of upcycling polymers to useful hydrocarbon materials. A catalyst with nanoparticles on a substrate selectively docks and cleaves longer hydrocarbon chains over shorter hydrocarbon chains. The catalyst includes metal nanoparticles in an order array on a substrate, and the nanoparticles exhibit an edge to facet ratio to provide for more interactions with the facets. The catalyst can be used to produce lubricants with superior tribological performance.