Argonne’s Advanced Energy Technologies directorate seeks to enable a future energy system that is sustainable, secure and equitable. Our research teams are rising to the challenge of addressing difficult-to-decarbonize sectors of our economy. We partner with industry, academia and government, to execute impactful energy research and development and harness the power of one-of-a-kind scientific user facilities to deliver on sponsor mission objectives and help communities transition to a clean energy economy.
Our strengths include:
- Broad and deep research expertise and capabilities in energy storage S&T from materials development through recycling
- State-of-the-art tools to develop low-carbon energy carriers for heavy duty transportation and electricity production
- Advanced capabilities to assess and develop future transportation and mobility systems and their connectivity to other elements of the energy system
- Cutting-edge expertise to develop and scale-up the manufacturing of innovative materials, chemistries and processes on which a clean energy system will rely
- Deep analytical capabilities for life cycle assessment, techno-economic analyses, supply chain analyses, etc. at the component and system level
- Advanced modeling and simulation of clean energy systems that integrate the electrical grid with other infrastructure.