The Decision and Infrastructure Sciences (DIS) Division builds on decades of decision science and infrastructure analysis expertise and deploys a multidisciplinary team of experts to collaboratively research, design, develop, and implement technical solutions to inform stakeholder decision-making focused on: infrastructure risk and resilience; national preparedness; counterterrorism; emergency and disaster mitigation, response, and recovery; and social and behavioral systems. The DIS Division portfolio supports important, well-established policy and legal priorities for the Nation while constantly leading efforts to apply world-class science to inform strategic, operational, and tactical decisions.
- Decision science
- Cyber and information sciences
- Systems engineering and integration
- Risk and resilience analysis
- Preparedness (Prevention [counterterrorism]; Mitigation; Protection; Response; and Recovery)
- Social and behavior systems