Our mission is to help governmental agencies and businesses prepare for, defend against, and respond to all hazards.
Over the last two decades, we have led major research efforts and developed tools and methodologies to support local, state, and federal sponsors in enhancing the security and resilience of the nation’s critical infrastructure. DIS experts have developed methods to understand the dependencies and interdependencies among infrastructure systems, evaluate critical supply chains, and respond to disasters. The team has also developed innovative research programs to assess the security and resilience of infrastructure systems, support emergency preparedness in U.S. communities, and conduct all-source threat analysis.
- Decision science
- Systems engineering and integration
- Infrastructure systems modeling
- Security and resilience analysis
- Emergency preparedness, response, and recovery
- Threat and intelligence analysis
- Risk analysis
- Social and behavioral science