Materials in solids or fluid forms play an important role in a wide range of mechanical systems and vehicle cooling applications. Understanding how materials behave when subjected to anticipated thermal conditions is critical to increasing their performance range and longevity.
Argonne’s Heat Transfer Laboratory enables researchers to:
- Synthesize and prepare heat transfer fluids
- Characterize heat transfer fluids
- Test convection-related heat transfer
- Test boiling heat transfer
- Characterize thermal properties of materials
- Characterize mechanical properties of materials