PhD, Applied Physics, Harvard Univ. (2015)
BS, Physics, Univ. of Kansas, (2006)
Assistant Scientist, Center for Nanoscale Materials, Argonne: 2019 – present
Assistant Scientist, Center for Molecular Engineering, Argonne: 2019 – present
Postdoctoral Scholar, Electrical Engineering, Princeton: 2016 – 2019
Postdoctoral Scholar, Chemistry, Harvard: 2015 – 2016
Research Assistant, Applied Physics, Harvard: 2006 –2015
Dr. Dibos is an expert in nanofabrication and cryogenic measurement of low-dimensional optical nanostructures. His research interests include optical coupling of photonic and plasmonic nanocavities to atom-like defect centers in solid-state hosts. The goal is to modify the spectral properties, increase photon emission rates, and improve the photon collection efficiency for quantum information science applications. To that end, Dr. Dibos is a recent hire here at Argonne and works within two different divisions: (1) the Nanofabrication and Devices (NFD) group within Argonne’s Center for Nanoscale Materials (CNM) a DOE nanoscience user facility with a premier cleanroom, and (2) the Center for Molecular Engineering as a primary researcher on the DOE Quantum Link project investigating remote entanglement of solid-state spins at low temperatures connected via dedicated optical fiber.
Recent Related Publications
- M. Raha, S. Chen, C. Phenicie, S. Ourari, A. Dibos, and J. Thompson, “Optical quantum nondemolition measurement of a single rare earth ion qubit.” Nat. Commun. 11 1605 (2020).
- A. Dibos, Y. Zhou, L. Jauregui, G. Scuri, D. Wild, A. High, T. Taniguchi, K. Watanabe, M. Lukin, P. Kim, and H. Park, “Electrically Tunable Exciton−Plasmon Coupling in a WSe2 Monolayer Embedded in a Plasmonic Crystal Cavity.” Nano Lett. 19, 3543 (2019).
- A. Dibos, M. Raha, C. Phenicie, and J. Thompson, “Atomic Source of Single Photons in the Telecom Band.” Phys. Rev. Lett. 120, 243601 (2018). [Editors’ Suggestion]
- M. Polking, A. Dibos, N. de Leon, and H. Park, “Improving Defect-Based Quantum Emitters in SiC via Inorganic Passivation.” Adv. Materials 30, 1704543 (2018).
- Y. Zhou, G. Scuri, D. Wild, A. High, A. Dibos, L. Jauregui, C. Shu, K. de Greve, K. Pistunova, A. Joe, T. Taniguchi, K. Watanabe, P. Kim, M. Lukin, and H. Park “Probing dark excitons in atomically thin semiconductors via near-field coupling to surface plasmon polaritons.” Nature Nanotech. 12, 856 (2017).
- A. High, R. Devlin, A. Dibos, M. Polking, D. Wild, J. Perczel, N. de Leon, M. Lukin, and H. Park, “Visible-Frequency Hyperbolic Metasurface.” Nature 522, 192 (2015).