I have expertise in synchrotron x-ray techniques including x-ray diffraction, scattering, reflectivity, absorption, imaging and microscopy. As a beamline scientist at HPCAT, Sector 16 of the Advanced Photon Source, I am responsible for developing novel high-pressure x-ray techniques and conducting original research as well as supporting users at the beamlines. My research focuses on developing high-resolution x-ray microscopy for high-pressure sciences and liquid-solid interfacial processes.
- Metallurgy, Materials Science and Materials Processing, Ph.D. Engineering, Tohoku University, Japan, 1998
- Applied Geochemistry, M.S. Engineering, Seoul National University, Korea, 1993
- Minerals and Petroleum Engineering, B.S. Engineering, Seoul National University, Korea, 1991
- Kearney, J.S.C., Graužinytė, M., Smith, D., Sneed, D., Childs, C., Hinton, J., Park, C., Smith, J.S., Kim, E., Fitch, S.D.S., Hector, A.L., Pickard, C.J., Flores-Livas, J.A., Salamat, A., “Pressure-Tuneable Visible-Range Band Gap in the Ionic Spinel Tin Nitride”, Angewandte Chemie International Edition 57 (2018), 11623-11628.
- Baker, J., Kumar, R., Park, C., Kenney-Benson, C., Cornelius, A., and Velisavljevic, N., “Giant Pressure-Induced Enhancement of Seebeck Coefficient and Thermoelectric Efficiency in SnTe”, Chemphyschem 18 (2017), 3315-3319.
- Kim, J., Hou, B. Y., Park, C., Bahn, C. B., Hoffman, J., Black, J., Bhattacharya, A., Balke, N., Hong, H., Kim, J. H., and Hong, S., “Effect of defects on reaction of NiO surface with Pb-contained solution”, Scientific Reports 7 (2017), 8. 44805.
- Hou, B., Kim, S., Kim, T., Park, C., Bahn, C. B., Kim, J., Hong, S., Lee, S. Y., and Kim, J. H., “Orientation-Dependent Hydration Structures at Yttria-Stabilized Cubic Zirconia Surfaces”, The Journal of Physical Chemistry C 120 (2016), 29089-29097.
- Park, C., Popov, D., Ikuta, D., Lin, C., Kenney-Benson, C., Rod, E., Bommannavar, A., and Shen, G., “New developments in micro-X-ray diffraction and X-ray absorption spectroscopy for high-pressure research at 16-BM-D at the Advanced Photon Source”, Review of Scientific Instruments 86 (2015), 072205.
- Kono, Y., Park, C., Kenney-Benson, C., Shen, G. Y., and Wang, Y. B., “Toward comprehensive studies of liquids at high pressures and high temperatures: Combined structure, elastic wave velocity, and viscosity measurements in the Paris-Edinburgh cell”, Physics of the Earth and Planetary Interiors 228 (2014), 269-280.
- Perret, E., Park, C., Fong, D. D., Chang, K. C., Ingram, B. J., Eastman, J. A., Baldo, P. M., and Fuoss, P. H., “Resonant X-ray scattering studies of epitaxial complex oxide thin films”, Journal of Applied Crystallography 46 (2013), 76-87.
- Bai, L. G., Pravica, M., Zhao, Y. S., Park, C., Meng, Y., Sinogeikin, S. V., and Shen, G. Y., “Charge transfer in spinel Co3O4 at high pressures”, Journal of Physics-Condensed Matter 24 (2012), 7. 435401.
- Pravica, M., Bai, L. G., Park, C. Y., Liu, Y., Galley, M., Robinson, J., and Bhattacharya, N., “Note: A novel method for in situ loading of gases via x-ray induced chemistry”, Review of Scientific Instruments 82 (2011), 3. 106102.
- Lee, S. S., Fenter, P., Park, C., Sturchio, N. C., and Nagy, K. L., “Hydrated Cation Speciation at the Muscovite (001)-Water Interface”, Langmuir 26 (2010), 16647-16651.
- Catalano, J. G., Fenter, P., and Park, C., “Water ordering and surface relaxations at the hematite (110)-water interface”, Geochimica Et Cosmochimica Acta 73 (2009), 2242-2251.
- Park, C., Fenter, P. A., Sturchio, N. C., and Nagy, K. L., “Thermodynamics, Interfacial Structure, and pH Hysteresis of Rb+ and Sr2+ Adsorption at the Muscovite (001)-Solution Interface”, Langmuir 24 (2008), 13993-14004.
- Park, C., and Fenter, P. A., “Phasing of resonant anomalous X-ray reflectivity spectra and direct Fourier synthesis of element-specific partial structures at buried interfaces”, Journal of Applied Crystallography 40 (2007), 290-301.
- Park, C., Fenter, P. A., Nagy, K. L., and Sturchio, N. C., “Hydration and distribution of ions at the mica-water interface”, Physical Review Letters 97 (2006), 4. 016101.
- Park, C., Fenter, P. A., Sturchio, N. C., and Regalbuto, J. R., “Probing outer-sphere adsorption of aqueous metal complexes at the oxide-water interface with resonant anomalous X-ray reflectivity”, Physical Review Letters 94 (2005), 4. 076104.
- Fenter, P., and Park, C., “Termination interference along crystal truncation rods of layered crystals”, Journal of Applied Crystallography 37 (2004), 977-987.
- Fenter, P., Park, C., Cheng, L., Zhang, Z., Krekeler, M. P. S., and Sturchio, N. C., “Orthoclase dissolution kinetics probed by in situ X-ray reflectivity: Effects of temperature, pH, and crystal orientation”, Geochimica Et Cosmochimica Acta 67 (2003), 197-211.
- Wang, J., Lee, D. R., Park, C., Jeong, Y. H., Lee, K. B., Park, Y. J., Youn, S. B., Park, J. C., Choi, H. M., and Huh, Y. J., “High-density transition layer in oxynitride interfaces on Si(100)”, Applied Physics Letters 75 (1999), 3775-3777.
- Park, C., Saito, M., Waseda, Y., Nishiyama, N., and Inoue, A., “Structural study of Pd-based amorphous alloys with wide supercooled liquid region by anomalous X-ray scattering”, Materials Transactions Jim 40 (1999), 491-497.