Fangfang Xia is a Computer Scientist in the Data Science and Learning Division at Argonne National Laboratory. He is interested in artificial intelligence, computational biology, and brain-inspired computing. His current research focuses on understanding how the brain learns, developing data-efficient learning algorithms, and applying machine learning to biomedical problems.
- Biologically inspired learning algorithms
- Computational models for predicting drug response
- Antimicrobial resistance detection and prediction
- Genome and metagenome assembly, annotation and metabolic modeling
- Evolution, comparative genomics and phenotype prediction
- High performance computing
- Spiking neural networks