Zonghai Chen is a Chemist at Argonne National Laboratory with 20+ years’ experience in developing technologies for high energy-density and high-power lithium and lithium-ion batteries. His research primarily focuses on the behavior of battery materials at extreme conditions, as well as mass and charge transfer reactions at electrochemically active surface.
- Ph.D. Dalhousie University, Canada, 2004
- M.S. University of Science and Technology of China, 2000
- B.S. University of Science and Technology of China, 1997
- R&D 100 award, 2019
- Federal laboratory consortium award for excellence in technology transfer, 2009
- R&D 100 award, 2008
- Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. 4thAnnual External Collaboration Award, 2006