A method for synthesis of PtNi nanocages by synthesizing Pt1Ni6 nanoparticles and acid leaching to form PtNi nanocages. The acid leaching removes nickel selectively from the core of the nanoparticle.
Below is a comprehensive list of articles, events, projects, references and research related content that is specific to the term described above. Use the filter to narrow the results further. To explore additional science and technology topics that Argonne researchers and engineers may be working on please visit our Research Index.
- A method for synthesis of PtNi nanocages.Intellectual Property Available to License
- This invention could be used to make highly active PEM fuel cell catalyst. With increased activity, the precious metal loading could be decreased in a variety of applications.Intellectual Property Available to License
This invention comprises methods, for typical small nanoparticles, of removing elements distribution heterogeneity in the particle to significantly improve performance. For big nanoparticles, the performance of 3-D architecture made from the segregated nanoparticle could be further improved by increasing the elements distribution heterogeneity with proper post-treatment. Can be used in applications such as fuel cell electric cars, back up power for remote communication tower and other stationary applications.
- This invention fulfill the needs of mass production of high performance, durable fuel cell catalyst. Compared with existing Pt/C catalyst, the Pt mass activity of catalyst made by this process is 8 times higher.Intellectual Property Available to License
A method for scaled-up synthesis of PtNi nanoparticles. Synthesizing a Pt nanoparticle catalyst comprises the steps of: synthesizing PtNi nanoparticles, isolating PtNi/substrate nanoparticles, acid leaching the PtNi/substrate, and annealing the leached PtNi/substrate nanoparticles, and forming a Pt-skin on the PtNi/substrate nanoparticles.
- This invention fulfills the needs of high performance fuel cell catalyst with high Pt surface area and Pt loading.Intellectual Property Available to License
This invention could be used to make high performance PEM fuel cell catalyst. PEM fuel cell have variety application potentials such as fuel cell electric cars, back up power for remote communication tower and other stationary application. This invention fulfills the needs of high performance fuel cell catalyst with high Pt surface area and Pt loading. Compared with existing Pt/C catalyst, the Pt mass activity of catalyst made by this invention is 13 times higher, Pt loading could be controlled in a much wider range, Pt surface area could be much higher. It may also be used to make other core/shell structure with variety application potentials in catalysis.
- Solid Oxide Fuel Cells with Improved Bipolar Plate Supported Fuel Cell having a Sealed Anode Compartment & Method of SealingIntellectual Property Available to License
A bipolar plate supported solid oxide fuel cell with a sealed anode compartment is provided. The solid oxide fuel cell includes a cathode, an electrolyte, and an anode, which are supported on a metallic bipolar plate assembly including gas flow fields and the gas impermeable bipolar plate. The electrolyte and anode are sealed into an anode compartment with a metal perimeter seal. An improved method of sealing is provided by extending the metal seal around the entire perimeter of the cell between an electrolyte and the bipolar plate to form the anode compartment. During a single-step high temperature sintering process the metal seal bonds to the edges of the electrolyte and anode layers, the metal foam flow field and the bipolar plate to form a gastight containment.