Kibaek Kim has received a Ph.D. degree under the supervision of Dr. Sanjay Mehrotra in Industrial Engineering and Management Sciences from Northwestern University. His primary research focus is on modeling and parallel algorithms for large-scale optimization in applications to complex energy systems and resilient infrastructure systems.
His research focuses primarily on computational optimization, including stochastic programming and integer programming, with applications to complex systems. Recent studies have focused on developing algorithms for solving stochastic mixed-integer programs using high-performance computing clusters.
- PhD, Northwestern University, Industrial Engineering and Management Sciences, 2014
- DOE Early Career Research Program, 2019
- George L. Nemhauser Best Student Paper, Northwestern University, 2014
- Best Poster Award, American College of Cardiology’s 61st Annual Scientific Session & Expo, 2012
- The Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM)
- MOS (Mathematical Optimization Society)
- IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers)