Marco Govoni is Assistant Scientist in the Materials Science Division and Institute for Molecular Engineering @ Argonne National Laboratory. Marco is a materials scientist with experience in interdisciplinary projects at the crossroads between physics, chemistry, computer science, mathematics, and data science. He develops predictive modeling techniques based on first principles numerical simulations to help design advanced materials for renewable energy, water, and quantum information technologies.
- PhD, Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy
- MSc, Physics, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy
- BSc, Physics, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy
- First principles and atomistic modeling of nanomaterials and renewable energy materials, water, and quantum information technologies
- Development of first principles approaches for materials property prediction
- Methodology and software development for integrating atomistic modeling and experimental measurements
The list of publications is available here: http://www.marcogovoni.com/publications.html.
- Midwest Integrated Center for Computational Materials: inter-operable computational modeling codes to model heterogeneous materials
- Exascale Computing (A21)