Moinuddin Ahmed is a member of the Emergent Materials and Processes group of Argonne National Laboratory. Dr. Ahmed is currently working as a technical lead to establishing power electronics reliability testing facility for Wide- and Ultrawide-Bandgap materials including SiC and GaN-based power devices. His research interests also include performing in-situ physics-of-failure analysis of electronic devices and components in harsh conditions, machine learning based degradation model of power electronic device, material and component, and hardware cybersecurity. He has been working in the research and development area for more than ten years.
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, University of Texas at Arlington, Texas (2014).
- B.Sc. in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Bangladesh Univ. of Eng. & Tech., Dhaka, Bangladesh (2009).
- Argonne Postdoctoral Performance Award, 2020
- Transducer Research Foundation Travel Award, 2012.
- CONTACT (Consortium for Nanomaterials for Aerospace Commerce and Technology) Award, 2012.
- Dean Doctoral Fellowship, Electrical Engineering, University of Texas at Arlington, 2009-2014.
- Dean Scholarship, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), 2008.
- BUET Technical Scholarship, 2004-2008.
Honors and Memberships
- Member, IEEE.
- Member, Tau Beta Pi.
- Member, Eta Kappa Nu.
- Member, American Vacuum Society.
- C. Stankus, M. Ahmed, “Comparing smoothing techniques for extracting MOSFET threshold voltage,” published in Solid-State Electronics, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sse.2019.107744
- Ahmed et. al., “Reliability experimentation of 1200 V SiC power n-MOSFETs by accelerated thermal aging and bias temperature instability,” published in SN Applied Physics, 2019. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s42452-019-0783-y.
- M. Ahmed et al., “Neutron radiation reliability testing of 650 GaN HEMT,” published in Journal of Radiation Physics. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.radphyschem.2019.108456.
- M. Ahmed et al., “Neutron Radiation Reliability of 600V and 650V Wide Bandgap GaN Power MOSFETs,” Proc. GOMATECH, Paper no. 4, March, 2019.
- Y. Zhang, A. M. Aragon, Moinuddin Ahmed, Y. Xie, J. Wang, M. Puga, K. Gao, “Synthesis and Properties of FeCo-Based Anisotropic Magnetic Nanocomposites”, Presented on 62nd annual Conf. on Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, November, 2017.
- Moinuddin Ahmed, Donald P. Butler, Zeynep Celik-Butler, “Device-level vacuum packaged uncooled microbolometer on a polyimide substrate,” Infrared Physics and Technology, pp. 50-57, vol. 79, 2016.
- Moinuddin Ahmed, Donald P. Butler, “Bulk property of 1/f noise for piezoresistive Ni/Cr thin films in pressure sensors on flexible substrate,” Microsystem Technologies, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 367-370, 2016.
- Moinuddin Ahmed, Donald P. Butler, “Design and Simulation of Device-Level Vacuum-Packaged Microbolometer With Integrated Optical Filter,” IEEE Sensors, pp. 6986-6994, vol. 15, no. 12, 2015.
- Moinuddin Ahmed, Murali Chitteboyina, Donald P. Butler, “MEMS absolute pressure sensor on a flexible substrate,” Zeynep Celik-Butler, IEEE/ASME Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 1400-1408, 2015.
- Moinuddin Ahmed, Donald P. Butler, “Flexible substrate and release layer for flexible MEMS devices,” Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology Letters, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 050602-050602-4, 2013. One of the 20 top downloaded JVST-B paper on August, 2013.
- Moinuddin Ahmed, Murali Chitteboyina, Donald P. Butler, Zeynep Celik-Butler, “MEMS force sensor in a flexible substrate using nichrome piezoresistor,” IEEE Sensors, vol. 13, no. 10, pp. 4081-4089, 2013.
- Moinuddin Ahmed, Murali Chitteboyina, Donald P. Butler, Zeynep Celik-Butler, “Temperature sensor in a flexible substrate,” IEEE Sensors, vol.12, no. 5, pp. 864-869, May 2012. One of the 25 top downloaded IEEE sensors paper on April, 2012.
- Donald P. Butler, Moinuddin Ahmed, “Methods and apparatus for device-level vacuum packaging of optical sensors with integrated optical filter” filed for provisional patent, Patent no: UTA-P0252-US-01P, which covers two inventions : Microbolometers with 2 or more vertically spaced absorber for improved bandwidth control; Device-level vacuum packaging of optical sensors with integrated optical filter.
- Moinuddin Ahmed, “Reliability analysis of wide-bandgap semiconductor devices,” Presented on PowerAmerica Annual Meeting, February 6-8, 2018.
- Moinuddin Ahmed, “Reliability benchmarking for wide bandgap power devices,” Presented on PowerAmerica Summer Workshop, August 22-24, 2018.
- J. Hryn, M. Ahmed, “GaN Power Devices Reliability Testing in Neutron Radiation Environment,” Presented in IEEE ECCE Conference, Sept 23-27, 2018.