Moinuddin Ahmed is a member of Nanomaterial Devices and Systems group of Argonne National Laboratory. Dr. Ahmed is currently working as a technical lead to establish power electronics reliability testing facility for Wide- and Ultrawide-Bandgap materials including SiC and GaN based power devices. His research interests also include design, simulation, and fabrication of RF devices, flexible MEMS sensors and detectors, as well as material, electrical, and optical characterizations. He has been working in the research and development area for more than nine years.
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, University of Texas at Arlington, Texas (2014).
- B.Sc. in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Bangladesh Univ. of Eng. & Tech., Dhaka, Bangladesh (2009).
- Transducer Research Foundation Travel Award, 2012.
- CONTACT (Consortium for Nanomaterials for Aerospace Commerce and Technology) Award, 2012.
- Dean Doctoral Fellowship, Electrical Engineering, University of Texas at Arlington, 2009-2014.
- Dean Scholarship, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), 2008.
- BUET Technical Scholarship, 2004-2008.
Honors and Memberships
- Member, IEEE.
- Member, Tau Beta Pi.
- Member, Eta Kappa Nu.
- Member, American Vacuum Society.
- Y. Zhang, A. M. Aragon, Moinuddin Ahmed, Y. Xie, J. Wang, M. Puga, K. Gao, “Synthesis and Properties of FeCo-Based Anisotropic Magnetic Nanocomposites”, Presented on 62nd annual Conf. on Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, November, 2017.
- Moinuddin Ahmed, Donald P. Butler, Zeynep Celik-Butler, “Device-level vacuum packaged uncooled microbolometer on a polyimide substrate,” Infrared Physics and Technology, pp. 50-57, vol. 79, 2016.
- Moinuddin Ahmed, Donald P. Butler, “Bulk property of 1/f noise for piezoresistive Ni/Cr thin films in pressure sensors on flexible substrate,” Microsystem Technologies, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 367-370, 2016.
- Moinuddin Ahmed, Donald P. Butler, “Design and Simulation of Device-Level Vacuum-Packaged Microbolometer With Integrated Optical Filter,” IEEE Sensors, pp. 6986-6994, vol. 15, no. 12, 2015.
- Moinuddin Ahmed, Murali Chitteboyina, Donald P. Butler, “MEMS absolute pressure sensor on a flexible substrate,” Zeynep Celik-Butler, IEEE/ASME Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 1400-1408, 2015.
- Moinuddin Ahmed, Donald P. Butler, “Flexible substrate and release layer for flexible MEMS devices,” Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology Letters, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 050602-050602-4, 2013. One of the 20 top downloaded JVST-B paper on August, 2013.
- Moinuddin Ahmed, Murali Chitteboyina, Donald P. Butler, Zeynep Celik-Butler, “MEMS force sensor in a flexible substrate using nichrome piezoresistor,” IEEE Sensors, vol. 13, no. 10, pp. 4081-4089, 2013.
- Moinuddin Ahmed, Murali Chitteboyina, Donald P. Butler, Zeynep Celik-Butler, “Temperature sensor in a flexible substrate,” IEEE Sensors, vol.12, no. 5, pp. 864-869, May 2012. One of the 25 top downloaded IEEE sensors paper on April, 2012.
- Donald P. Butler, Moinuddin Ahmed, “Methods and apparatus for device-level vacuum packaging of optical sensors with integrated optical filter” filed for provisional patent, Patent no: UTA-P0252-US-01P, which covers two inventions : Microbolometers with 2 or more vertically spaced absorber for improved bandwidth control; Device-level vacuum packaging of optical sensors with integrated optical filter.