Modeling, simulation and data analysis are essential components of research today. The Laboratory Computing Resource Center (LCRC) provides mid-range high-performance computing (HPC) and data capabilities to research efforts across the laboratory. The LCRC operates resources purchased by the laboratory for all staff to use free of charge. Argonne Principal Investigators may also invite external collaborators to use LCRC for their joint projects. LCRC’s capabilities include:
- Bebop: A 1024-node institutional HPC cluster with both Xeon and Xeon Phi nodes
- Blues: A 376-node institutional cluster dedicated to industrial partnerships and special projects
- 2 petabytes of institutional data storage
In addition, LCRC hosts over 400 nodes of HPC and another 2 petabytes of data storage purchased by laboratory projects and organizations and dedicated to their use.
LCRC staff can provide assistance with:
- Computational project planning
- Code installation and test
- User training
- Optimizing project execution
- Overall system and user support
LCRC systems operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week, with a monthly maintenance day. Support is provided during laboratory business hours.