Argonne’s Battery Life Estimator (BLE) software is a state-of-the-art tool kit for fitting battery aging data and for battery life estimation. It was designed to make life-cycle estimates using two years of aging data.
BLE helps answer key questions on how battery performance will change with calendar age, cycles, internal component aging, cell-to-cell manufacturing variations, summer and winter temperature extremes, differing anode and cathode materials, and electrolyte variations and additives.
The software employs a generalized statistical approach to fit data from accelerated aging experiments to a life equation. The BLE software is different from other curve-fitting routines as it employs robust fitting techniques and estimates battery life by using Monte Carlo techniques (which most generalized curve-fitting software does not consider).
- Fit battery aging data to life equations
- Estimate battery life
- Easy to learn
- Fast run times
- Easy-to-use graphical user interface
- User guide includes examples and frequently asked questions
- Requires PC computer with a Pentium 4 processor, 1 GB of memory and VGA graphics
- Operates on a Windows 2000 or later system and requires Microsoft .NET framework versions 1.1 through 3.5