The symposium promotes collaboration through networking, and it enables industry and government leaders to connect with and recruit from the nation’s top scientific and engineering talent. This year’s symposium will be a two-day virtual event hosted on Zoom Meetings and Microsoft Teams.
What: Postdoctoral Research and Career Symposium, ANL
When: November 4th and 5th, 2021
Where: Zoom Meetings and Microsoft Teams
View the Postdoctoral Research and Career Symposium Program
The event features:
- Keynote address by Dr. Linda L. Horton
Dr. Linda L. Horton is the Associate Director of Science for Basic Energy Sciences (BES) in the Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Science (SC). With an annual budget of more than $2 billion, BES is the nation’s leading supporter of fundamental research in materials sciences, chemistry, geosciences, and aspects of biosciences. BES is also a major supporter of scientific user facilities, including the nation’s premier x-ray light sources, neutron scattering facilities, and nanoscale science research centers. These facilities serve over 16,000 users annually, and they provide the tools for the preparation and examination of materials and the study of their physical and chemical properties and transformations.
- Postdoctoral research presentations
- Recorded video presentations of technical research will be shared during and prior to the event. The attendees will have an opportunity to interact with the presenters and share ideas during scheduled sessions. Presentations will be judged by ANL scientific staff and the best presentations will be awarded.
- Networking with company representatives
- Symposium attendees will have an opportunity to network (virtually) with company representatives to explore future career opportunities in industry. Multiple networking sessions will take place in online meeting rooms set up for each participating company, which attendees can join by pre-registering to these sessions.
- Career panel discussion featuring ANL alumni from diverse careers
- Trivia Social
- Are you the smartest of them all? Compete against your fellow attendees in a trivia showdown to see who will be crowned trivia champion. Respectful banter and socializing encouraged.