Schedule is subject to change based on speaker and space availability. Events will take place in the TCS Conference Center (Rooms 1416 and 1404-1407) and Building 240, Room 1501.
8:00 AM Registration and refreshments
8:45 AM Welcome Remarks from Lab Director Paul Kearns
9:00 AM Keynote Address: Dr. Asmeret Asefaw Berhe, Director of DOE Office of Science
10:00 AM Poster Session A and Free Networking
11:30 AM Networking Lunch with Company Representatives and Career Mentors
1:30 PM Poster Session B and Free Networking
3:00 PM Career Panel: “Navigating Careers in Industry, Academia, and Government”
4:30 PM Poster Awards and Outstanding Postdoctoral Performance Awards
The event features:
- Keynote address by Dr. Asmeret Asefaw Berhe, Director, Department of Energy Office of Science
- Postdoctoral research presentations
Postdoctoral research will be featured during two poster sessions. The attendees will have an opportunity to interact with the presenters and share ideas during scheduled sessions. Poster presentations will be judged by ANL scientific staff and the best presentations will be awarded.
- Networking with company representatives
Symposium attendees will have an opportunity to network with company representatives to explore future career opportunities in industry. Multiple networking sessions will take place during the event.
- Career panel discussion featuring ANL alumni and professionals from diverse careers
A virtual career panel will consist of four speakers with diverse backgrounds in industry and laboratory experiences. Attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions during the panel or submit their questions ahead of time. Confirmed panelists include:
- Dr. Nigel Becknell, Principal Technology Development Scientist, NanoGraf Corporation
- Dr. Caroline Chick Jarrold, Herman B. Wells Endowed Professor of Chemistry, Indiana University
- Dr. Hrant Hratchian, Associate Professor and Vice Provost and Dean for Graduate Education, University of California, Merced
- Dr. Shalaka Shinde, Sr. Project Manager of Research Program, Pivot Bio
- Dr. Lucy Zhang, Professor of Mechanical Engineering at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and Program Director in the CMMI Division at NSF
This page will be updated as speakers and participating companies are confirmed.