- PhD in Chemistry, Stony Brook University, NY (2020)
- BSci in Chemistry, University of Rochester, NY (2016)
Awards and Honors
- Invited Tools of the Trade contribution for Nature Reviews Physics (2022)
- Impact Argonne Award for extraordinary effort within the Postdoctoral Society of Argonne, Argonne National Lab (2022)
- 1-Minute Pitch Competition Winner, Chemical Sciences and Engineering Division, Argonne National Lab (2021)
- Impact Argonne Award for extraordinary effort for setting up a new lab space, Argonne National Lab (2021)
- Selected as a Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter Emerging Leader (2021). “A limited number of early career researchers have been nominated by the journal’s Editorial Board as the most talented and exciting researchers in their generation.”
- Postdoctoral Research and Career Symposium Presentation Award, Argonne National Lab (2020)
- Nottingham Prize Finalist, Physical Electronic Conference (2020)
- Excellence in Doctoral Research Award, Department of Chemistry, Stony Brook University (2020)
- Outstanding Service Award, Department of Chemistry, Stony Brook University (2020)
- Outstanding Poster Presentation Award, Early Career Researcher Symposium, Brookhaven National Lab (2017)
- Graduate Assistance in Area of National Need Fellowship, US Department of Education (2017-2018)
- A. J. Carr, S. E. Lee, R. R. Kumal, W. Bu, A. Uysal. “Convenient confinement: Interplay of solution condition and graphene oxide film structure on rare earth separations.” ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 2022, 14, 51, 57133-57143.
- A. J. Carr. “Resonant anomalous X-ray reflectivity for revealing ion distributions near electrodes.” Nature Reviews Physics, 2022, 4, 743. Invited contribution for Tools of the Trade
- X. Yin, D. R. O. Hewitt, B. Zheng, X. Yu, A. J. Carr, R. B. Grubbs, S. R. Bhatia. “Aqueous Assembly and Hydrogel Rheology of Sustainable Glyoxylate-based Copolymers.” ACS Applied Polymer Materials, 2022, 4, 5493-5500.
- A. J. Carr, R. Kumal, W. Bu, A. Uysal. “Effects of ion adsorption on graphene oxide films and interfacial water structure: A molecular-scale description.” Carbon, 2022, 195, 131-140.
- A. J. Carr, S. S. Lee, A. Uysal. “Trivalent ion overcharging on electrified graphene.” Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, 2022, 34, 144001. Invited paper for Emerging Leaders edition
- A. J. Carr, D. DeGennaro, J. Andrade, A. Barrett, S. R. Bhatia, M. D. Eisaman. “Mapping graphene layer number at high spatial resolution using laser scanning.” 2D Materials, 2020, 8, 025001.
- A. J. Carr, A. Head, J. A. Boscoboinik, S. R. Bhatia, M. D. Eisaman. “Direct evidence of graphene-induced molecular reorientation in polymer films.” Advanced Materials Interfaces, 2020, 202000113.
- A. J. Carr, W. Liu, K. G. Yager, A. F. Routh, S. R. Bhatia. “Evidence of Stratification in Binary Colloidal Films from Microbeam X-ray Scattering: Toward Optimizing the Evaporative Assembly Process for Coatings.” ACS Applied Nano Materials, 2018, 1, 4211–4217.
- W. Liu, A. J. Carr, K. G. Yager, A. F. Routh, S. R. Bhatia. “Sandwich Layering in Binary Nanoparticle Films and Effect of Size Ratio on Stratification Behavior.” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 2018, 538, 209-217.
- X. Liu, W. Liu, A. J. Carr, D. Santiago Vazquez, D. Nykypanchuk, P. Majewski, A. F. Routh, S. R. Bhatia. “Stratification During Evaporative Assembly of Multicomponent Nanoparticle Films.” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 2018, 515, 70-77.