Braeton is an Energy Economist in Argonne’s Decision & Infrastructure Sciences Division.
- Ph.D., Colorado School of Mines, 2018
- M.S., Colorado School of Mines, 2014
- M.S., Oregon State University, 2012
- B.A., University of New Mexico, 2009
- Smith, Braeton J. and Roderick G. Eggert (2018), “Costs, substitution, and material use: The case of rare earth magnets.” Environmental Science & Technology, 52(6), 3803-3811.
- Imholte, Devin D., Ruby T. Nguyen, Aditya Vedantam, Maxwell L. Brown, Ananth Iyer, Braeton J. Smith, John Collins, Corby G. Anderson, and Brock OKelley (2018), “An assessment of U.S rare earth availability for supporting U.S. wind energy growth targets.” Energy Policy, Vol. 113, 294-305.
- Smith, Braeton J. and Roderick G. Eggert (2016), “Multifaceted Material Substitution: The Case of NdFeB Magnets, 2010-2015.” JOM: The Journal of the Minerals, Metals & Materials Society, 68, 1964-1971.