- Ph.D., Nuclear Engineering, Penn State University.
- M.S., Health Physics, National Tsing Hua University.
Environmental Nuclear Scientist, Radiological, Chemical, and Environmental Risk Analysis, with responsibility for management and strategic direction of RESRAD model development and risk assessment program.
Modeling of radionuclide transport in the environment; radiological dose and risk assessment for humans, flora, and fauna; derivation of cleanup criteria for radiologically contaminated sites and buildings; development of operational guidelines for responding to nuclear emergencies; performance assessment for radioactive waste disposal facilities.
- Program manager and principal investigator: RESRAD model development and risk assessment for DOE and the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission since the inception of the program.
- RESRAD trainer: More than 150 courses in the United States and abroad, including courses sponsored by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) in Ukraine, Malaysia, Greece, Serbia, China, and Austria.
- Consultant: Use of mathematical models in environmental remediation (IAEA, Vienna, Austria) and radiological protection (Taiwan, Republic of China [ROC]).
- Presenter: Numerous invited presentations and short courses for the ROC, Japan, Malaysia, UK, Germany, Sweden, IAEA, and professional societies, on RESRAD, radiological dose assessment, biota dose assessment, and derivation of cleanup criteria.