Scientific Contact for the BlueFors LD400 Dilution Refrigerator System and FEI Nova 600 Focused Ion Beam System at CNM
- Ph.D. Condensed Matter Physics, Brown University, 2005–2011
- B.Sc. Physics, Nanjing University, China, 2001–2005
- Scientist, Argonne National Laboratory, 2018–Present
- Research Scientist, University of California, Berkeley, 2016–2017
- Postdoc Associate, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2012–2015
- Superconductivity, superfluidity, Bose-Einstein condensation
- Single-electron and single-photon quantum devices
- Quantum and topological photonics, plasmonics, and excitonics
- Low-phonon-limit nanomechanical systems, optomechanics
- Electron transport measurement
- Microwave weak-signal measurement
- Nano-fabrication and characterization
- Cryogenic system design and operation
- Scanning near-field optical microscopy
- Electron energy-loss spectroscopy
- Picosecond pump-probe measurement
- Micro-Raman and fluorescence measurement
- Real-time density-functional calculation
- Electrodynamic and cavity QED calculation
- C. Liu, X. Yan, D. Jin, Y. Ma, H.-W. Hsiao, Y. Lin, T. M. Bretz-Sullivan, X. Zhou, J. Pearson, B. Fisher, J. S.l Jiang, W. Han, J.-M. Zuo, J. Wen, D. D. Fong, J. Sun, H. Zhou, A. Bhattacharya, “Two-dimensional superconductivity and anisotropic transport at KTaO3 (111) interfaces”, Science, eaba5511 (first release, 2021).
- Y.-Y. Lyu, X. Zhou, Z.-L. Xiao, R. Fotovat, J. Xu, G. Basnet, Y.-L. Wang, D. Jin, R. Divan, H.-B. Wang, and W.-K. Kwok, “Non-Ohmic negative longitudinal magnetoresistance in a two-dimensional electron gas”, Phys. Rev. B 103, 035422 (2021).
- R. Kleinerꝉ, X. Zhou, E. Dorsch, X. Zhang, D. Koelle, and D. Jinꝉ, “Space-time crystalline order of a high-critical-temperature superconductor with intrinsic Josephson junctions”, submitted, arXiv: 2012.01387 (2020).
- J. Xu, C. Zhong, X. Han, D. Jin, L. Jiang, and X. Zhang, “Floquet cavity electromagnonics”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 125, 237201 (2020).
- X. Zhou, X. Han, D. Koelle, R. Kleiner, X. Zhangꝉ, and D. Jinꝉ, “On-chip sensing of hotspots in superconducting terahertz emitters”, Nano Lett. 20, 4197−4203 (2020).
- D. Jin, “Quantum electronics and optics at the interface of solid neon and superfluid helium”, Quantum Sci. & Technol. 5, 035003 (2020).
- M. Otten, X. Zhou, X. Zhang, and D. Jinꝉ, “Coherent manipulation of single electrons with optical photons in condensed helium-4”, Adv. Theory Simul. 3, 2000008 (2020) – Selected as journal Front Cover.
- X. Zhang, A. Galda, X. Han, D. Jin, and V. M. Vinokur, “Strong coupling-enabled broadband non-reciprocity”, Phys. Rev. Applied 13, 044039 (2020) – Selected as Editor’s Suggestions.
- T. Kanai, W. Guo, M. Tsubota, and D. Jin, “Torque and angular-momentum transfer in merging rotating Bose-Einstein condensates”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 124, 105302 (2020).
- D. Hong, C. Liu, H.-W. Hsiao, D. Jin, J. E. Pearson, J.-M. Zuo, A. Bhattacharya, “Molecular beam epitaxy of the magnetic kagome metal FeSn on LaAlO3 (111)”, AIP Advances 10, 105017 (2020).
- X. Zhou, X. Han, X. Zhang, and D. Jin, “A hybrid superconducting device for simultaneous charge and flux sensing,” manuscript in preparation (2020).
- X. Zhang, K. Ding, X. Zhou, J. Xu, and D. Jin, “Experimental observation of exceptional surface in synthetic dimensions with magnon polaritons”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 123, 237202 (2019) – Selected as Editor’s Suggestions.
- D. Jin*, Y. Xia*, T. Christensen, M. Freeman, S. Wang, K. Y. Fong, G. Gardner, S. Fallahi, Q. Hu, Y. Wang, L. Engel, Z.-L. Xiao, M. J. Manfra, N. X. Fang, and X. Zhang, “Topological kink magnetoplasmons on magnetic domain boundaries”, Nat. Commun. 10, 4565 (2019).
- Y. Liu, J. Wang, S. Kim, H. Sun, F. Yang, Z. Fang, N. Tamura, R. Zhang, X. Song, J. Wen, B. Z. Xu, M. Wang, S. Lin, Q. Yu, K. B. Tom, Y. Deng, J. Turner, E. Chan, D. Jin, R. O. Ritchie, A. M. Minor, D. C. Chrzan, M. C. Scott, and J. Yao, “Helical van der Waals crystals with discretized Eshelby twist”, Nature 570, 358−362 (2019).
- K. Y. Fong, D. Jin, M. Poot, A. Bruch, H. X. Tang, “Phonon coupling between a nanomechanical resonator and a quantum fluid”, Nano Lett. 19, 3716−3722 (2019).
- J. Xu, M. K. Ma, M. Sultanov, Z.-L. Xiao, Y.-L. Wang, D. Jin, Y.-Y. Lyu, W. Zhang, L. N. Pfeiffer, K. W. West, K. W. Baldwin, M. Shayegan, and W.-K. Kwok , “Negative Longitudinal Magnetoresistance in GaAs Quantum Wells”, Nat. Commun. 10, 287 (2019).
- J. Deng, C. Preissner, J. A. Klug, S. Mashrafi, C. Roehrig, Y. Jiang, Y. Yao, M. Wojcik, M. D. Wyman, D. Vine, K. Yue, S. Chen, T. Mooney, M. Wang, Z. Feng, D. Jin, Z. Cai, B. Lai, and S. Vogt, “The Velociprobe: An ultrafast hard X-ray nanoprobe for high-resolution ptychographic imaging”, Rev. Sci. Instrum. 90, 083701 (2019) – Featured Article by RSI.
- K. Tom, S. lin, L. Wan, J. Wang, N. Ahlm, A. N’Diaye, K. Bustillo, J. Huang, Y. Liu, S. Lou, R. Chen, S. Yan, H. Wu, D. Jin, H. Yuan, D. Prendergast, and J. Yao, “Solution-based Template-assisted Realization of Large-scale Graphitic ZnO”, ACS Nano 12, 7554−7561 (2018) – Selected as Editor’s Highlights.
- D. Jin*, T. Christensen*, M. Soljacic, N. X. Fang, L. Lu, and X. Zhang, “Infrared Topological Plasmon in Graphene”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 118, 245301 (2017) – Selected as Editor’s Suggestions.
- Q. Hu, D. Jin†, J. Xiao, S. H. Nam, X. Liu, Y. Liu, X. Zhang, and N. X. Fang†, “Ultrafast fluorescent decay induced by metal-mediated dipole-dipole interaction in two-dimensional molecular aggregates”, PNAS 114, 10017 (2017) – Featured in MIT News.
- D. Jin, L. Lu, Z. Wang, C. Fang, J. D. Joannopoulos, M. Soljacic, L. Fu, and N. X. Fang, “Topological Magnetoplasmon”, Nat. Commun. 7, 13486 (2016).
- D. Jin, Q. Hu, D. Neuhauser, F. von Cube, Y. Yang, R. Sachan, T. S. Luk, D. C. Bell, and N. X. Fang, “Quantum-Spillover Enhanced Plasmonic Absorption at the Interface of Silver and High-Index Dielectrics”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 115, 193901 (2015) – Featured in MIT News.
- D. Jin, A. Kumar, K. H. Fung, J. Xu, N. X. Fang, “Terahertz Plasmonics in Ferroelectric-Gated Graphene”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 102, 201118 (2013) – Featured in MIT News.
- D. Jin and W. Guo, “Vortex Nucleation Induced Phonon Radiation from a Moving Electron Bubble in Superfluid Helium-4”, Phys. Rev. B 82, 094524 (2010).
- D. Jin, W. Guo, W. Wei, and H. J. Maris, “Electrons in Superfluid Helium-4”, J. Low Temp. Phys. 158, 307 (2010) – Selected as QFS 2009 Conference Brochure Cover.
- W. Guo, D. Jin, G. M. Seidel, and H. J. Maris, “Experiments with Single Electrons in Liquid Helium”, Phys. Rev. B 79, 054515 (2009) – Selected as APS Viewpoint in Physics.
- D. Jin, Y. Ren, Z.-Z. Li, M.-W. Xiao, G. Jin, and A. Hu, Spin-filter Tunneling Magnetoresistance in a Magnetic Tunnel Junction, Phys. Rev. B 73, 012414 (2006).