Eric Dufresne completed his PhD Thesis at McGill University in 1995 in the nascent field of X-ray Photon Correlation Spectroscopy (XPCS). After a Postdoctoral Fellowship at The University of Michigan where he participated in the construction of the 7-ID beamline, he moved to Argonne where he contributed to the completion of beamline 7-ID and 7-BM and supported user operation from 1999. In 2014, he returned to XPCS where he supports users science on 8-ID-E (Wide-angle XPCS) and 8-ID-I (SAXS XPCS).
- XPCS and Coherent x-ray diffraction
- Laser-pump/x-ray probe experiments
- X-ray optics and novel detectors
- Time-resolved x-ray diffraction and imaging
- BSc Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada 1987
- MSc University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada 1990
- PhD Mcgill University (Dean’s Honor List), Quebec, Canada 1995
- NSERC Postdoctoral fellow, University of Michigan 1996-1998
- Senior Research Associate in the Physical Science II, MHATT-CAT and the University of Michigan, 1998-2004 (Beamline scientist)
- Beamline Scientist, Argonne National Lab, Sector 7 2004-2011
- Physicist, Argonne National Lab, Sector 7, 2011-
Awards and Honors
- Several NSERC undergraduate and graduate fellowship
- Quebec FCAR graduate fellowship
- Universal Aging Characteristics of Macroscopically and Microscopically Dissimilar Metallic Glasses, Kaikin Wong, Rithin P. Krishnan, Eric M. Dufresne, Koji Ohara, Alec R. Sandy and Suresh M.Chathoth, Acta Materialia 155 35-42 (15 August 2018).
- Ultrafast Three-Dimensional Integrated Imaging of Strain in Core/Shell Semiconductor/Metal Nanostructures, M. J. Cherukara, K. Sasikumar, A. DiChiara, S.J. Leake, W. Cha, E.M. Dufresne, T. Peterka, I. McNulty, D.A. Walko, H. Wen, S.K.R.S. Sankaranarayanan, and R.J. Harder, Nano Letters Oct 31, 2017 (online).
- Dynamic Scaling of Colloidal Gel Formation at Intermediate Concentrations, Q. Zhang, D. Bahadur, E.M. Dufresne, P. Grybos, P. Kmon, R.L. Leheny, P. Maj, S. Narayanan, R. Szcyygiel, S. Ramakrishnan, and A. Sandy, Phys. Rev. Lett., 119 178006 (2017).
- Thermal Fluctuations of Ferroelectric Nanodomains in a Ferroelectric/Dielectric PbTiO3/SrTiO3 Superlattice, Q. Zhang, E.M. Dufresne, P. Chen, J. Park, M.P. Cosgriff, M. Yusuf, Y. Dong, D.D. Fong, H. Zhou, Z. Cai, R. Harder, S.J. Callori, M. Dawber, P.G. Evans, and A.R. Sandy, Phys. Rev. Lett., 118 097601 (2017).
- Pushing X-ray Photon Correlation Spectroscopy beyond the continuous frame limit, E.M. Dufresne, S. Narayanan, A.R. Sandy, D.M. Kline, Q. Zhang, E.C. Landahl, and S. Ross, Opt. Express 24 355-364 (2016).