MS Mechanical Engineering Graduated from Southern Illinois School of Engineering at Carbondale, USA with BS(85) and MS(87) in Engineering Mechanics of Materials. Studies included elastic softening and structural changes in silicon and ordered alloys due to ion irradiation.
Condensed Matter Physics of superconducting and magnetic materials, particularly their applications to media storage, devices exploiting spin control, and detectors.
- 2009- present: Principal Materials Engineer in the Materials Science Division at Argonne National Laboratory
- 2005- 2009: Engineer in the Magnetic Films Group of MSD
- 2000- 2005: Senior Scientific Associate in the Magnetic Films Group of MSD
- 1994-2000: Scientific Associate in the Magnetic Films Group of MSD
- 1987-1994: Scientific Assistant in the Magnetic Films Group of MSD
- DOE Outstanding Scientific Accomplishment in Solid State Physics, Materials Sciences Research Competition 1992.
- UChicago Argonne, LLC Board of Governors, Outstanding Service Award 2008.