High standards are more than a slogan or catch phrase - they represent the way we do business. Maintaining high standards means conducting business ethically and legally. Adhering to these standards helps us protect the reputation for excellence and integrity that we’ve built as an organization.
If you see or suspect unethical or illegal activity, report it immediately. While speaking directly to a manager or supervisor may be the most effective way to report your concerns, Argonne also offers another option for Doing What’s Right. We have retained the services of Navex Global, an independent reporting service that allows you to communicate via the Internet or by telephone, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You may even communicate anonymously if you choose.
Some common examples of unethical or illegal activity include:
- Conflicts of interest
- Accounting or auditing irregularities
- Fraud, waste, or abuse
- Disclosure of proprietary information
- Misuse of Argonne equipment
- Improper dealings with customers or vendors
- Sale or possession of illicit controlled substances
- Working while under the influence of illicit controlled substances or alcohol
- Discrimination or harassment based on age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender (including sexual harassment), gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law