Post-65 Retirees Health Insurance
Medicare-eligible retirees age 65 or older and their Medicare eligible dependents age 65 or older will purchase individual health insurance (i.e., medical, prescription drug and dental) through a private health exchange managed by Aon. A health reimbursement account (HRA) will be established to help reimburse you for the coverage you select in the Aon Retiree Health Exchange. The amount Argonne contributes will be reviewed and established on a calendar year basis.
- Dependents of Post-65 retirees under the age of 65 may participate in Argonne’s pre-65 retiree group health care plans.
- Aon Retiree Health Exchange
Representatives are available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Central Time.
Please Update Your Contact Information!
We may need periodic contact with you as a former Argonne employee (for example, to distribute royalty checks). Please provide your most current email and US Postal Service addresses to HR_Records@anl.gov.
Pre-65 Retirees Health Insurance
Pre-65 retirees are eligible to continue coverage under their current medical and prescription drug (PPO or HMO) plans, as well as their dental plan, until they turn age 65, at which time they will purchase coverage through the Aon Retiree Health Exchange.
- Dependents of Pre-65 retirees over the age of 65 will select a plan through the Aon Retiree Health Exchange
- BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois claim form or International claim form
- PPO Group #255688
- BlueAdvantage HMO Group #B04023
- BlueAdvantage HMO Providers
- BlueAdvantage HMO Customer Service: +1-800-892-2803
- Delta Dental of Illinois — Group # 20084
- Delta Dental of Illinois Dentists
*Choose either Delta Dental Premier or PPO
- Employees who retired before January 1, 2006, may be eligible for retiree life insurance. Contact Argonne’s Benefits Department for information.