Argonne produces a wealth of valuable intellectual property with a wide range of applications in water science and technology. The lab grants licenses for these technologies to private industry to enable their success in the commercial world.
- Low-cost process to accelerate production rates of biological methane produced in wastewater treatment plants (Enhanced Renewable Methane Production System Benefits Wastewater Treatment Plants, Farms, and Landfills)
- Water filtration membranes that promote resilience, prolong life and prevent fouling (Filtration Membranes)
- Membranes that exhibit sides with different properties such as hydrophobic and hydrophilic (Janus Membranes via Atomic Layer Deposition)
- Membrane coatings that mitigate fouling and break down various organic pollutants in aqueous streams (Hydrophilic, Light-Active Coating for Membranes)
- Nanoporous diamond membranes suitable for water purification (Simple Method to Fabricate Nano-Porous Diamond Membranes)
- Oleo sponge for recovering oil and other petroleum products from water (Oleo Sponge)
- Engineering interfaces of porous materials for advanced sorbents and membranes (Sequential Infiltration Synthesis for Functional Surfaces)