Program Dates: June 13 - August 5, 2022
College Bound Application Requirements
- Be 18 years of age at the start of the appointment.
- Interested in a career in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics.
- Minimum overall grade point average of 3.75 on a 4.0 scale (unweighted).
- U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident.
- Graduated from a local high school in May/June 2022.
- Enrolled to attend college full-time in 2022.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from science/math teachers.
- If offered employment, students must pass a drug screen.
Students who are selected will be notified by email. The email will include the official offer package providing details of the project. Only one offer will be extended to an applicant during an application period. If the applicant declines, no additional or alternative offer will be made. Students who do not receive an offer will also be notified by email no later than mid-May, 2022.
During the appointment period, participants receive a stipend of $450 per week. Stipends are considered taxable income by the IRS. The laboratory is required by law to report this income.
Transportation and Housing
Daily transportation is the responsibility of the students and parents. Housing is not available for the College Bound Research Program.
This is a 40 hour per week program; therefore, you are expected to participate Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Teacher Recommendation Letters
Two (2) letters of recommendation from your high school science, mathematics, or computer science teachers are required. The letters must be submitted no later than March 1, 2022. Under no circumstances will letters be accepted after the deadline.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to inform their recommenders that they must submit the letters before the deadline. Your teachers should complete their letters in the Workday Recruiting application system. Email submissions will not be accepted.
Please be advised that it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the application is complete by the deadline. Under no circumstances will applications or recommendation letters be accepted after March 1, 2022.