- Formal registration is REQUIRED in order to enter the Argonne site.
- If you are visiting Argonne, you will need to fill out the visitor registration form.
- You will need to bring your driver’s license for entry to the Laboratory.
- If you are from a DOE Laboratory, please bring your badge with you.
- If you will be arriving Sunday, please proceed directly to the guard gate. If you are arriving on a weekday, please stop at the Argonne Information Center.
Foreign Visits and Appointments
For guidance on approval and timing requirements for foreign visits and appointments, please see Argonne’s site access policy.
From O’Hare International Airport, take I-294 south to I-55. Exit west on I-55 (toward St. Louis) and continue for about four miles to Cass Avenue. Exit south on Cass and turn right at the Argonne sign on Northgate Road, immediately south of I-55. Follow Northgate Road to the Argonne Information Center.
From Midway - Airport, take Cicero Avenue north to I-55. Enter I-55 south and continue for about 14 miles to Cass Avenue. Exit south on Cass and turn right at the Argonne sign on Northgate Road, immediately south of I-55. Follow Northgate Road to the Argonne Information Center.
Public Transportation - take the Metra train to the Burlington/Westmont station. RTA-PACE bus #715 leaves the Burlington/Westmont station at 7:22 a.m. and 7:58 a.m., arriving at the Argonne Information Center at 7:35 a.m. and 8:14 a.m., respectively. In the evening, RTA-PACE bus #715 leaves the Argonne Information Center at 5:25 p.m., arriving at the Burlington/Westmont station at 5:42 p.m. Since the bus schedule is subject to change by RTA-PACE without notice, visitors planning on using public transportation to reach Argonne are advised to verify the bus schedule by calling RTA-PACE at 847/364-7223.
Argonne Guest House
Argonne National Laboratory
9700 South Cass Avenue - Building 460
Lemont, IL 60439
Reservations: (800) 632-8990 or (630) 739-6000
Fax: (630) 739-1000
The restaurant is closed on weekends. A complimentary continental breakfast is available in the lobby on Sunday mornings, and sandwiches and fruit is available in the gift shop.
For more information
- Contact your host or call our administrative staff at (630) 252-9307 or (630) 252-0971.