At Argonne’s summer computing workshop, high school students have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to learn how to code from some the best and brightest computer scientists in the nation. No prior coding experience necessary.
In this free, five-day enrichment experience, students learn Python, and connect with Argonne computer scientists.
Through the course of this program, participants can expect to:
- Enhance their problem-solving and teamwork skills through hands-on activities.
- Develop a 21st-Century skill in a supportive and collaborative environment.
- Discover how computing is useful and sometimes essential to solving problems in science.
- Explore the diverse career pathways that coding can support.
- Interact with Argonne staff members who are at the forefront of high-performance computing and visualization.
Through all these enriching experiences and more, students will take their computer science skills, develop them further, and find ways to apply them to key science problems, opening up new opportunities on the path toward STEM-related careers.
- This workshop is designed for students that are new to coding. No prior programming experience is needed.
- Be a current high school freshman or sophomore (for the 2022-2023 school year).
- Be available to participate in the full five-day program.
- Students must be able to provide their own transportation.
Registration is limited to 30 students. Due to the popularity of Coding for Science Camp, students must submit an application by Friday, April 14th. Acceptances with additional information about the camp will be sent to selected applicants in early May.