- Must be currently enrolled as a full-time graduate student at an accredited U.S institution in a PhD program and have completed at least one semester of schooling by the start of the program.
- Current CV.
~Once the Application is completed, you will need to provide the next two items (this will be routed back to you within 2 business days to provide this information):
- Submit two (2) letters of recommendation.
- School Verification form.
- It’s your responsibility to reach out to your referee to see if the above actions are completed.
~These two items will be completed after the selection period has been made:
- Satisfactory background check.
- Pass a screening drug test.
- Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Sponsored or Affiliated Activities, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne’s Legal Department.
Note: U.S. Citizenship/permanent residency is not required.
During the appointment period, participants receive a salary. Salaries are competitive and based upon the field of study and academic year status.
Travel will be paid only for students whose permanent and school addresses are more than fifty miles away from Argonne. Travel expenses are reimbursed consistent with the terms detailed in the laboratory acceptance letter and pursuant to all Global Travel Office procedures. Travel reimbursement is based on a round-trip from the traveler’s trip origin (trip origin to Argonne and Argonne back to trip origin).
Transportation expenses will be reimbursed on the basis of the most direct route. Travelers may choose to drive only if the distance, using the most direct route, is less than 300 miles one way from Argonne. No per diem or lodging costs will be reimbursed while en route. We will calculate distance according to MapQuest. Travel will be reimbursed at the current government rate up to a maximum of $500.00 round-trip. Students will receive their reimbursement check three to four weeks after their arrival. If students are traveling to Argonne via air, Argonne must make the travel arrangements. Students will not be reimbursed if they make their own flight arrangements.
Students are responsible for securing and funding their own housing.
For questions about W.J. Cody Associates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org